Well I know a few people that are reading this are ready and waiting to start their ICP adventure so I thought I'd give a little list of things for them to do in their first 2 weeks here!
- Go to Wal-Mart and buy lots of food that will last along time, as you will be a bit lighter in the money department in the next couple of weeks, so try not to buy all fresh food. Also buy bedding, towels, bath mats, scissors etc as they are not included at the apartment (but cutlery, pans and plates are!)
- Make friends with your house mates, especially your room-mate as you'll need to co-operate with sleeping patterns, food, air conditioning and shower times! Also its nice to live with friends!
- Nap/ Sleep as much as possible as it takes a while for you body to adjust to the time, heat and there's so much to do so make sure you sleep at any chance!
- Have lots of fun in Traditions, the teachers are so much fun and make sure you head to the Company D store inside Disney University as they have some great items only cast members can purchase!
- Go to the parks as soon as you get your Disney ID! This may sound obvious but also watch the fireworks/ shows/ parades in the first couple of weeks as you may be working near them and get bored of them soon. So watch them while you're still a newbie!
- Drinks lots and lots of water! I'd say about double the amount you're drinking at the moment especially if you're like me and like to run around like an idiot in the parks!
- Go have as much fun as possible, as you'll be starting work soon and your hours will be different to all the new people you just met! So do some big group outings early on!